Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time Together #1

One of my most favorite genealogy travels happened in 2001.
About 8 p.m. on a July night, I called my Aunt Bea (my mother's youngest sister) and ask her to take me around to the cemeteries where our Conner ancestors are buried. Cemeteries like Bethlehem and Bethel-Cherry Springs!
What a day we had! I picked Aunt BeBe up about 7a, so the cool of the morning would comfort us and we would be finished before the heat overwhelmed us.
Walking the grassy rows of the cemeteries, she told me stories about her mother and things she remembered about her grandmother - Addie Conner Skipper.
I am so thankful for the time that I spent with Aunt BeBe while she shared about the different Conner's.
We arrived home about 10 a.m. - tired, hot and happy.
After dropping off Aunt BeBe, I picked up Aunt Katherine (mom's other younger sister) for a trip into the low country...Rock Springs, Big Level and Bill's Creek Cemeteries. Aunt Kat continued to tell stories about each of the cemeteries and tombstones.
Along the way I took picture after picture of tomb stones of Conner ancestors. After returning home, it turns out that the pictures were invaluable for checking dates on ancestors and creating time lines.
Several of the pictures created more questions of who is who? Where did they come from? How are they related?
More Conner Trails to follow!

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like it was an Excellent 'field-trip' for you in many ways. Way a great way to spend time with your Aunt.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete